I’ve never been one for making new year resolutions. I’m perhaps a bit too synical, or lack the will power to achieve them. But this year there is so much I want to achieve, I almost feel I need to make a few. Or maybe instead of new year resolutions that only last for January, I should aim more for lifestyle changes that may span this year and the next few.
So here goes, these are the things I hope to find more time to do over the next year.
1. Be healthy and encourage the girls to follow suit. Before I had the girls I was a super healthy Astanga yoga nut, who didn’t eat just 5 a day, but more like 12. Once I had the girls this all seemed to slide. I used to have the willpower of an ox when it came to restricting my intake of the naughtier stuff. But these days, it seems that is all I consume, and after suffering abdominal muscle separation due to being so big carrying the girls, my yoga disappeared too. So in 2015 I hope to get some of my old habits back, eat better and exercise more. I don’t believe in dieting and I don’t want to loose weight. Just become stronger, healthier and leaner again. I’m hoping these two inspirational ladies will help, Joanna Helcke and Kayla Itsines.
2. Ellie and Liv. Due to lots of factors I have had a very limited amount of free time over the last year (also why (1) is never achieved) and Ellie and Liv (this site, not my children) has not had the attention it deserves. I have sketch books full of ideas, and this year I hope to start realising them and really launch my small business. I know I’ve promised this before, but I really, really want it to happen now. I’m beginning to get frustrated.
3. Declutter. Last year we moved house, and moved a mountain of stuff with us. I’m currently reading ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying‘ by Marie Kondo. I hope to start de-cluttering as soon as the girls return to playgroup. Yes with small children it seems impossible to have a tidy house, but if I have less stuff, then there is less to tidy. I mean, seriously, do I need 10 white t-shirts, or 50 mugs! I want to follow Marie Kondo’s idea that you should love everything you own and be surrounded by only things that give you joy. Not a waist high stacks of old newspapers, that need to go in the recycling. Also if I have less to tidy, I should have more time for point (1) and (2)! Everyone is a winner then
4. Take more photos. Every year we make a photo book looking back on Ellie and Liv’s life. But this year we realised we had very little pictures of the family with the girls. You never know when something may happen, so I really want to capture more happy times to treasure forever. This will also mean spending more time with the family and friends, what can never be a bad thing.
5. Be more patient and clear my mind. Mr C and my mother are always complaining I try to do too much at once. I need to learn to be more patient and clear my mind. Concentrate on one thing well and not 10 that I do half hearted. Again this should be helped by point (1) and (3), then point (2) should be easier!
So these are my 5 main ambitions this year. Wish me luck and I really hope I’m not writing the same blog entry next year!
Ellie and Liv wishes everyone a very Happy New Year, let 2015 be a happy and healthy one. xx